Discover Raphaël Rippoz’s testimonial below, sales manager of the 5* l’hévana at Méribel.
Please introduce yourself and the sales office you represent.
Raphaël Rippoz, sales advisor for Pierre & Vacances Property Investment and based in Deux Savoies, I am also in charge of our sales office – the showroom “l’hévana”, for the commercialisation of our prestigious future residence at Méribel. The sales office is ideally located in the centre of Méribel, in close proximity to shops and the main snowfront of the resort
What is the typical profile of the investors that you come across in Méribel?
Essentially, we encounter people who have fallen in love with Méribel and visit the resort regularly. Many of them are already owners at the resort and keep an eye on the development of the area. Méribel also belongs to a trio of the three most famous Alpine resorts in the world: Courchevel, Méribel and Megève. As a reult, the resort benefits from a very important international presence and we meet clients from all over the world.
What are the different stages during an exchange with a client or prospect?
Depending on the client’s timing, the steps go as follows:
- Site visit: so that the client can see the location, orientation and different views of the the chalets within the development. In effect, the showing is a vital tool for this residence with strong heritage value.
- Showroom visit: presentation of materials used for the project and a full immersion in the ambiance for the clients.
- Virtual tour and customised proposal according to the client’s objectives.
What are their primary reasons for purchasing a property in the l’hévana residence?
– Diversify assets
– Pass on property to future generations
– Valuation perspectives
– Securing the client’s savings in a “property safe”
What would you like to say to people who are interested in buying a property at the residence?
1) Méribel is situated at the heart of Les Trois Vallées (largest skiing domain in the world, with 600 km of pistes), which borders onto the valleys of Courchevel and Val-Thorens. It has to be said that 85% of the skiing pistes begin at an altitude of over 1,800 metres.
2) We are talking about an exceptional property at Méribel-Centre (situated 1,500 metres above sea level), the most popular hamlet in Méribel with key amenities (An Olympic park comprised of a pool, spa, skating rink, bowling alley and disco) as well as most of the shops within the resort.
3) The unique location of the residence allows us to be right next to the main high street of Méribel, where you’ll find the heart of the resort, whilst also being close to the pistes; something extremely rare with this type of development.
4) This residence is set to become the flagship of our premium residences in the mountains, as the top-of-the-range services and facilities from this residence (rated 5 stars) further reinforce its attractiveness, you can find:
-An indoor pool
-An interior Jacuzzi®
-A state-of-the-art SPA
-A sunroom to enjoy in warmer weather
-A fitness centre
5) We have chosen to stay with lower prices in comparison to other recent developments commercialised in the resort, this is in order to make the residence even more competitive. The prices are between 11,000 and 12,000 euros per m2 tax (before VAT rebate). For information, the prices more or less correspond to those of the resort’s resale market, which doesn’t benefit from the advantages of new build and the services we propose.
6) The development is one of the last available properties in this area of the resort and there has only been one new development in the last twenty years at the resort. It was sold in 2011 with prices between 13,000 and 25,000 euros per m2. In reality, the locality aims to keep its charm and the authenticity of the village, a far cry from the over-exploited tourism spots that can be seen in a lot of other resorts.
7) The selection of materials used is also in line with this position and the target customer base for this project:
- EXTERIOR: The architect of the project, Mr Christian Rey-Grange already had the first five-star hotel of the resort to his name, “Le Kaila”, in addition to our residence “l’hévana”, which will observe specifications of the high-quality residences in the resort, including a primary structure of wood, local stone, and slate for the sloped roofs.
- INTERIOR: The materials used also cohere with mountain luxury, through hard wood flooring in all rooms except the bathroom, wood-lined walls coated with stucco (air lime and marble powder coating), a brushed hard wood kitchen and moonstone laminated worktops
9) Finally, we have also changed our occupancy formulas to get as close as possible to the expectations of our clients, with more flexibility and opportunities for stays during the off-season for our owners.